Monday, March 4, 2013

Puesto del Sol

Living right at the ocean's edge gives one the chance to enjoy one beautiful sunset after another. I am posting a few pictures of them. I am loving it here so much, staying so busy doing nothing, that I might have to stay another day to squeeze in all this nothing. The sound of the surf is my constant companion, and it is like an irregular heart beat of the earth and sea.



View from the patio of my little casita.

View from my breakfast table this morning.

People surfing at the beach in Sayulita.

I walked into Sayulita today from my hotel (about a 20-30 minute walk, depending on how lost you get). This was the view of the town beach as I emerged from the jungle. The town is much more full of gringos than I thought the day I first arrived. There are surfers and beach bums with long dread locks and overly tanned retirees flouting their destiny with skin cancer. It was weird and fascinating. I then hiked back to my private oasis here at the hotel and decided I'd seen enough of the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment