Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mazatlan in photos

I have a simple point-and-shoot camera and no photographic ability, but here are some shots I think are passable. I have spent two full days in Mazatlan, at what was a top resort... in 1955. Today, I went on an organized tour into the mountains to see some old silver mining towns. Tomorrow, it is time to move on....

Here is the bus I took from Puerto Vallarta to Mazatlan. Comfy, air-conditioned, and even had free wi-fi (when it worked). Not a horrible way to spend 8 hours, but that's still a really long time!
A typical pueblita.
Fishing boats on the beach near the old town of Mazatlan.
Mazatlan Cathedral.
Cathedral in Concordia.
Cobblestone streets of Copala. The village reminded me of the medieval towns in Spain, except that they have been essentially abandoned for the last 100 years, since the silver mine here closed. Now they subsist primarily on tourism, which is also drying up with the recession, travel advisories, and the reduction in cruise ships making Mazatlan a port of call.
Copala.
Our tour guide took my picture in front of the Copala Cathedral.
Various pictures in Concordia and Copala.

It has been a little overcast and windy in Mazatlan, which made for a beautiful sunset tonight. I played around with my camera.





No comments:

Post a Comment