Friday, March 15, 2013

Back "on the grid"

Yep, the Internet in the mountains was unreliable. The first night and day at the hotel had no Internet at all; by the evening of my first full day there, the Internet was up, but it was soooo slow! And it was only down in the common areas -- sitting room, terrace, kitchen/dining area. Definitely not up in my room, which was an enormous number of steps up, up, up. I had asked for a canyon-view room, and it was well worth it. But it cost me not only in pesos but also in climbs up and down.

I have so many tales to tell: zip-lining across the canyon; wonderful fellow-tourists I met; the quaint town of El Fuerte, currently my favorite town in Mexico; and of course the train ride and all the views of the canyon. But now, in my comfy room in the city of Chihuahua, having skyped with the family and then gotten a wonderful dinner at a nearby restaurant, with live music (straight off my Pandora station of Spanish love songs, and not mariachi), it is 11:55 and I must get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment