Friday, February 25, 2011

Es como estoy bebiendo un mar.

I have admitted a bit of a defeat: 6 hours of intensive language school is too much for me. By the last hour of the day, my mind is mush, and then I go home and eat with Lupita and speak more Spanish, so it's almost like another hour of school. Then I would like to be able to sight see and go to some of the surrounding towns and some ruins nearby, but I'm exhausted. So I've asked the school if I can cut out at 2:00 instead of 3:00. I don't know if that will change when we eat comida, but I can at least set my books down, maybe check email or something before immediately going to eat and converse more. (I haven't even had time to do my homework!)

Have I mentioned that my host, Lupita, used to run her own restaurant and teach cooking. Oh my God, she's a wonderful cook! Everything is homemade and fresh. Today I had chile rellenos. She makes homemade soup, homemade jam, homemade flan, homemade mousse. Of course, I did mention that I am on a diet, and her response was, "Todas las mujeres!" All women are on a diet. But she serves salad and vegetables. All the food is like heaven! Me gusta mucho! Y no puedo dejar de comer.

Tomorrow I am going to a nearby town that is well known for being a lovely small town and selling lots of silver. Quiero comprar la plata. Nicole has already been, but she agreed to be my guide, so we are going to buy bus tickets tonight, have a glass of wine at one of the best restaurants around, which happens to be walking distance from the bus station, and then go back to the restaurant with the dancing to see Nicole's dance teacher. And yes, I agreed to a salsa lesson next week. Por dios! Que he hecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment